Are you a social worker, health care professional or yoga teacher working with seniors? Would you like to reach out to this very special population to make a difference in their lives?
Seniors face increasing challenges as time goes on, and big life changes. A yoga practice can help to maintain functional strength, healthy range of motion, and a positive stress-response.
In this training, learn all you need to know to create specialty yoga programming for Seniors.
Learn to see and speak to Seniors as powerful and relevant human beings while training their bodies & minds in methods that support graceful aging and total well-being.
Get important techniques to safely and effectively teach Chair, Restorative and other age-appropriate Senior Yoga techniques, including but not limited to:
- tips to empower, inspire & motivate your Senior yogis on & off the mat
- anatomy / physiology specific to the changing needs of Seniors
- safe & effective sequencing & poses for aging bodies
- breathing techniques to soothe the nervous system
- modifications & propping for safety & ease
Who Can Take This Course:
- Yoga Teachers
- Health Care Professionals
- Social Workers
- Senior Care Professionals
- Anyone working with or interested in working to better the lives of our Elders
The Senior Community is growing quickly and more and more are actively seeking yoga to maintain health. Ensure that you have the training and inspiration to lead them by joining us Fall 2018 for our Online Training.
This course is taught by yoga teacher, coach & business woman, Debbie Russo. In addition to years of experience teaching yoga to seniors, Debbie has owned and operated Symmetry Senior Care. She has a passion for speaking to the hearts and souls of seniors while teaching techniques to better quality of life and self-esteem while creating healthier minds & bodies.