Empowering, Strenthening & Inspiring Seniors through Yoga
- Yoga postures and breathing exercises are designed specifically to target and stimulate the pancreas.
- By improving blood flow to the pancreas, yoga postures rejuvenate the organ's cells and improve its ability to produce insulin.
- Yogic breathing practices also work in a similar way to stimulate healthy pancreatic function.
- Yoga and other mind-body therapies can reduce stress-related hyperglycemia and have a positive effect on blood glucose control.
- Yoga helps controls mental stress. When we’re stressed, our bodies produce Cortisol, which increases blood sugar levels. Yoga helps invoke a relaxation response.
Yoga promotes weight loss. Weight control is essential for protecting against conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cancer and heart disease, as well as diabetes management.
Yoga helps to improve your mental attitude. A regular yoga practice can help to focus the mind and create a healing approach to dealing with diabetes.