Enjoy this quick and easy dinner using summer produce!!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, (optional)
- 12 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or basil
- Step 1 - Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add tomatoes, olives, vinegar, capers, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to break down, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 6 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and divide the pasta among 6 shallow bowls. Spoon the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle parsley (or basil) on top.
Join Debbie on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. for on-line Senior yoga class!
Remember, Senior Yoga is not just for seniors! It’s a great practice for anyone that wants more gentle movement or even someone who's recovering from an injury. All are welcome!
For more information regarding Chair Yoga for Seniors, Senior Yoga or upcoming Senior Yoga Certification trainings, contact me:
Email: [email protected]