Have you ever considered that your posture can greatly affect your respiratory system and blood circulation to your brain? Muscle tension from sagging shoulders can result in frequent headaches.Yoga helps ease headaches by relaxing muscles in your head, back, and neck. It also boosts circulation to your brain and upper body, while improving your posture.
Simple Seated Twist for Headaches
- Sit straight on the edge of a chair.
- Plant the feet firmly on the floor.
- Take your left arm to the back of the chair and your right hand to your left knee.
- Turn from the belly to the left on the exhalation.
- Keep your shoulders down and your chest open.
- Relax your eyes, jaw and tongue.
- Hold for 10 seconds breathing evenly.
- Return to center and repeat on the opposite side.